Meet the Maxxinista: Jordan Reid
As a T.J.’s Style Scout, this fashionable mom will share how she makes top trends her own.
Meet Jordan, Maxxinista and RamshackleGlam.com blogger!
Tell us a little about yourself!
I grew up in New York City, studied cognitive neuroscience at Harvard, and then worked as an actress in Los Angeles for several years before returning to my hometown to focus on my true passions: fashion, beauty, entertaining, home décor, and DIY. I started the lifestyle website RamshackleGlam.com in 2010, and in 2011 created Jordan In The House, which airs on the Meredith Video Studios-owned DIGS Channel. My husband and I recently made the move from Manhattan to the Hudson Valley with our two little dogs and baby boy.
Do you have a style mantra that you live by?
When it comes to fashion, it’s my belief that there is no one-size-fits-all: it’s all about finding the fabrics and the silhouettes that make you feel great and that work for your lifestyle…and then letting go of the rules and having a little fun.
What does being a ‘Maxxinista’ mean to you?
To me, being a Maxxinista is all about finding unique ways to express my individual style without laying out major cash. I’m a Maxxinista because I approach fashion from the perspective that experimentation is great, that self-expression is everything, and that clothing, above all, should be fun.
Is there a style category you gravitate to first when shopping at T.J.Maxx?
I always hit up the Runway section first – I’ve found a ton of killer pieces there in the past – but never leave without stopping into the shoe department (on my last trip, I came home with an absolutely perfect pair of nude patent flats).
What’s your all-time favorite find from T.J.Maxx?
That’s easy – last winter I picked up a gorgeous faux-fur coat that looks like a million bucks but cost around fifty. It’s such a unique, signature piece that I can throw it over anything from a little black dress to a regular old t-shirt and pair of jeans, and I instantly look done-up.
How would you describe your signature style?
My signature style is all about being relaxed and comfortable – I never wear anything that I don’t feel great in.
Who are your fashion and style icons?
Brigitte Bardot, Kate Hudson, and Cate Blanchett are my hands-down top style icons. I also think that Miranda Kerr makes being a mom and a fashionista look effortless.
What’s your favorite spring trend? How would you style that trend to make it your own?
My favorite spring trend is sorbet shades. I’m not usually a pastels kind of girl – neutrals are more my thing – but I love the idea of updating a simple black and white outfit with baby blue heels, or topping a pair of white skinny jeans with a mint-green blouse.
- iocassandra likes this
- oceanofquestions likes this
- hello-darlinggg reblogged this from tjmaxx
- lue87ms reblogged this from tjmaxx
- star-healer-yaten reblogged this from tjmaxx
- karluth likes this
- kukana-aupele reblogged this from tjmaxx
- angelsstyle reblogged this from tjmaxx
- mwvg003 reblogged this from tjmaxx
- come-on-laura reblogged this from tjmaxx
- asfcosta reblogged this from tjmaxx
- project3x5 likes this
- namelessstory reblogged this from tjmaxx
- yvonnedeman likes this
- cathrine1699 likes this
- urbanstyle-d reblogged this from tjmaxx
- urbanstyle-d likes this
- redheadscanwearredtoo reblogged this from tjmaxx
- laurajanes reblogged this from tjmaxx
- haygirlhay likes this
- thisiswhereisayitall likes this
- population-e likes this
- msenjoli likes this
- wineandglitterplease likes this
- red-bird-writes likes this
- shamelesslysheryl likes this
- dailybaxter likes this
- minovisa likes this
- thenewgirlinnewyork likes this
- ramshackleglam reblogged this from tjmaxx
- romawidewi reblogged this from tjmaxx
- katalinamelody likes this
- youaintseenaman likes this
- laelyamirahmi reblogged this from tjmaxx
- qosmoblogger likes this
- mmiimmaa reblogged this from tjmaxx
- nerdcrest reblogged this from tjmaxx
- jen-dee-da likes this
- josefinaeb likes this
- borntedie likes this
- axelintu likes this
- angelyabish likes this
- st-ylish likes this
- thaliamaxxinista likes this
- nerdcrest likes this
- colouroffashion likes this
- suplyco likes this
- vansvermelho reblogged this from tjmaxx
- triniwindowseat likes this
- georgemitri77 likes this